Emma's homemade date and walnut wholemeal scones taste great slathered with slightly salty homemade butter and washed down with a mug of tea.
- 8oz Wholemeal Flour
- 2tsp Baking Powder
- 2oz Butter
- 1oz Palm Sugar
- 2oz Toasted Walnuts
- 2oz Chopped Dried dates
- Enough milk to Bind
- 1 Egg beaten for wash..
- Preheat oven to 220C /220C fan / Gas Mark 6.
- Combine flour and baking powder and rub in the butter to resemble breadcrumbs.
- Mix in the palm sugar, walnuts and dates and add enough milk to combine to make a soft dough. Handle as little as possible.
- Shape into a round approx 4cm thick and cut into segments.
- Place on a greased baking tray and brush with egg wash.
- Bake for 12-15 mins until golden brown.